WHERE: 6th Floor Auditorium, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
The Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, Border Trade Alliance, and the Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos invite you to our second annual high-level “Building a Competitive U.S.-Mexico Border” conference this year, focusing on improving border management in order to strengthen the competitiveness of both the United States and Mexico. Specific emphasis will be put on border and transportation infrastructure, growth in the energy sector, innovation, and the need for efforts that simultaneously support security and efficiency in border management.
Confirmed Speakers (Additional speakers will be added to the program):
- Senator John Cornyn (TX), Majority Whip, United States Senate
- Ambassador Alejandro Estivill, Chargé d’Affaires, Embassy of Mexico
- Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28)
- Congressman Will Hurd (TX-23)
- Geronimo Gutierrez, Director, North American Development Bank
- Omar Garcia, President & CEO, South Texas Energy & Economic Roundtable
- Jose Martin Garcia, Representative of the Mexican Treasury and Tax Administration Service in Washington, DC
- Ricardo Alvarez, Professor, CETYS University, Baja California
- Jesse Hereford, Chairman, Border Trade Alliance, Director of Business Development, S&B Infrastructure
- Duncan Wood, Director, Mexico Institute, Wilson Center
- Christopher Wilson, Senior Associate, Mexico Institute, Wilson Center
Click here for more information.
*A live webcast will be available.