11/29/16 USA Today
The morning after Fidel Castro died, it was quiet outside the Mexico City building where the revolutionary once hid and plotted his return to Cuba, where he led an insurrection that would begin one of the longest grips on political power in modern times.
A few local reporters stopped by the building, at 49 José de Emparán Street, and took pictures of the small plaque commemorating the spot where Castro and Ernesto “Ché” Guevara first met in July 1955. The plaque was installed in 2014. The wall around it was spruced up, repainted dark orange, but other than that the two-story building is run down, with black bars over the windows.