Mexico Says Probe Into Army Slayings Continuesrm

3/31/2016 ABC News 

Mexican Army

Mexican prosecutors said Thursday that they continue to investigate and to press charges in the 2014 army killings of 22 suspected criminals, including between 12 and 15 who allegedly were executed after surrendering.

The statement came a day after the Miguel Agustin Pro Juarez human rights group revealed that a military court had cleared six of seven soldiers of breach-of-discipline charges.

The federal attorney general’s office said that homicide cases against three of the seven continue in a civilian court and that prosecutors are investigating any wider responsibility in the case. The rights group had said earlier that commanding officers apparently gave the soldiers orders to kill suspects.

Read more…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s