1. Settling at 2.74 percent in July this year, the annual inflation rate in Mexico reached its lowest level since the rate began to be recorded 1969 , according to figures released on Friday by INEGI .
2. Historical founders and leaders of the Party of the Democratic Revolution admit that the relief provided by their national leadership does not alleviate the internal crisis plaguing the Aztec sun, but the risk now is that the measure is “cosmetic,” putting different characters in charge , while maintaining the same currents that direct the PRD .
Read more: El Universal.
3. The National Coordinator of Education Workers (CNTE ) assembly agreed on an “open dialogue” with the actors who have declared their adherence to the dissident teachers’ movement , including the president and founder of the National Regeneration Movement (MORENA) , Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
4. Given the different versions that have been filtered by the femicide of four women and photojournalist Ruben Espinosa Becerril, human rights organizations demanded that the General Procurduría of the Federal District ( PGJDF ) adjusts the minimum investigation standards in order to protect victims and further claimed that any leaking of information breaches the state’s obligation to ensure access to justice .
Read more: La Jornada.
5. Oscar Alvaro Montes de Oca, the young man who was arrested for alleged drug trafficking at the airport in Mexico City , was released Friday from the federal prison in Tepic , where he had been held since Sunday.